Innovation is everywhere in the aisle of SIAL.
The exhibitors are not lacking in re-invention and are bringing a new wind to the various markets. To bring out the French exhibitors, the internationals, the pavilions compete at SIAL Innovation. Pickling juice, activated carbon, cannadibiol (CBD) or discoveries on protein substitutes, Blockchain etc... are some of the innovations that will be at the heart of the event and at the heart of SIAL Innovation if you compete.
Submit your innovative products for the competition!
Why Participate ?
This SIAL INNOVATION competition is highly expected by exhibitors at the Show, as obtaining a trophy represents a real boost in the life of the winning companies by offering them high visibility and numerous contact opportunities. By presenting its products at the SIAL Innovation competition, the exhibitor, if selected, ensures maximum visibility before, during and after the show.
Since 1996, SIAL Innovation is well attended by journalists who are eager to learn about the new products presented at SIAL Innovation. Selected exhibitors will be able to use the "SIAL Innovation" logo, which ensures them a form of recognition in the sector. Their products will be highlighted in the online list of exhibitors.
Moreover, if they win, their products will travel throughout the SIAL network: Jakarta, Canada, China, USA and India. They will be displayed in a showcase with the exhibitor's contact details.
Criteria to participate
The operation is reserved to exhibitors (individual or members of a group that has signed up as registered exhibitors) at SIAL Paris 2020, who may present one or more products, each of whom must comply with following criteria:
- Must provide edible food product for the food processing industry.
- All participants should declare and guarantee that they own the intellectual property rights relating to the product presented or, have been duly authorized by the owner of the intellectual property rights relating to the presented product for the competition.
- Participants shall guarantee that their products comply with the legislation of the original country or the country in which they are located.
The selection committee made of expert professionals in innovation and food industry will deliberate and keep you informed of their decision by email.
From 24th Janurary to 26th August 2022, SIAL opens a platform dedicated to exhibitors interested in registering for this international competition. Here they can declare their innovative products. These products are submitted to an expert Selection Committee led by SIAL's partner, XTC, and then to a Grand Jury from the sector who will nominate the most innovative products in their category.
It is important that exhibitors register as soon as they book their stand so that the products can be selected by the Selection Committee on a run-of-the-mill basis. Selection Committee dates: March 25th, April 21st, June 2nd, July 1rst, July 21st, and the last Committee on August 30th 2022. The results of the winners will be announced at the ceremony on the first day of the show, Saturday 15th October 2022.
They are comprised by an independent jury of experts from food industry worldwide
- Shall examine the innovative qualities specific to products, even if they are not finalized (test to launch phase)
- Shall judge as a priority the relevance of whatever new benefit the product offers the consumer / or the industry (merchandising, packaging, recipe, technology, etc...)
- Shall award top prizes to the products that they considered as the most innovative of all products selected
- They are the sole parties authorized whether or not to select the products presented for the operation; their decision shall be the final
INSPIRING FOOD BUSINESS WORLWIDE
- Food & Drinks Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
- SIAL Canada - Montreal
- SIAL Canada - Toronto
- SIAL Paris - Paris
- SIAL in China - Shanghai
- SIAL in China - Shenzhen
- SIAL in India - New Delhi
- SIAL Interfood - Jakarta
- Gourmet Selection - Paris
- Cheese & Dairy products show - Paris
- Djazagro - Algiers