Display your ingredients to professionals from distribution
An exhaustive array of semi-processed food products is exhibited at SIAL Paris: Intermediate food products or custom products, semi-processed or semi-finished products not destined for the end consumer but sold in the B2B market for incorporation into finished products.
- Ingredients and additives: elements added to the manufacturing recipe of a finished product and derived from agricultural commodities (milk, cereals, edible oils, fruits, etc.) or from chemical sources to develop specific properties for the manufacturing (thickeners, fluidifying agents, preservatives, etc.), taste (flavours, taste enhancers, etc.) and/or nutritional performance (vitamins, minerals, etc.) of the finished product.
- Subcontracting solutions: industrial processes (mixing, dosage, drying, atomisation, extrusion, encapsulation, etc.) supplied by one food industry to another in order to develop new products without requiring an initial investment in specific industrial tooling.
- 1,070 exhibitors*
- 85% were international companies (71 countries)*
- France, Belgium, Turkey: Top exhibiting countries*
Is your product innovative? Highlight it thanks to SIAL Innovation
The SIAL Innovation Observatory reveals the show’s innovative offering and analyses consumer trends. Seen by 2 visitors in 3!
- 80% of the participating companies highlighted the strategic role of SIAL Innovation to promote their products
- 37 products from the sector were entered for the 2014 session*
SIAL Innovation Award 2014
Vegetable or fruit puree by BOIRON SURGELATION (FR): Vegetable or fruit purée fractionated into small IQF frozen discs.
A few examples of new Ingredients selected in 2014
- Exose, Grape Sugar by Ets R. Latreuille (FR): Natural grape sugar. For use in cocktails, salads, savoury pies, fish en papillote, fruit salads, ice cream or toppings.
- Mushrooms in Ecopouch® by SCELTA MUSHROOMS / CHAMPI'MER (NL): Mushrooms in Ecopouch® enables shelf stable mushrooms with a fresh taste and texture, and a long shelf life to be produced
The following attended SIAL Paris in 2014
2014 exhibiting companies included
Angel Yeast (CN), Eurovanille (FR), Gold Coast Ingredients (US), Grozette (NL), Materne industries (FR), Marex commodities (FR), Mintec (GB), Olam spice & vegetable ingredients (US), Pakmaya (TR), Sunrise (IN) , Vidya Europe (FR)… Of the 1,070 SIAL 2014 exhibitors taking part in other sectors, the following also have an offer of ingredients:DOHLER (DE), RUDOLF WILD (DE) exhibiting in the Beverages sector, BOESCH BODEN SPIES (DE) exhibiting in the Fruit & Vegetables sector, DAREGAL (FR) exhibiting in the Frozen Foods sector, FRIESLANDCAMPINA (NL), EUROSERUM (FR) , INTERFOOD (NL) present in the Dairy Products sector, CLEMENT FAUGIER (FR) exhibiting in the sweet grocery and bakery product sector…
Who are the buyers who come especially for you at SIAL Paris?
- 15% come mainly for this sector*
- 24% come from Food industry sector*
- 71% were international*
- An average of 145 contacts per stand in the sector with 45 new ones
*2014 figures - source: 2014 Visitor Surveyurvey
The following attended SIAL Paris in 2014
Aeon (JP), Ahold (NL), Aldi (DE), Auchan (FR), Carrefour (FR), Casino (FR), Costco (US), Edeka (DE), Leclerc (FR), Lidl & Schwarz (DE), Metro (DE), Rewe (DE), Safeway (US), Seven & I (JP), Target (US), Tesco (GB), The Kroger (US), Wal-Mart (US), Wesfarmers / Coles (AU), Woolworths (AU)
Gain record-breaking visibility and take advantage of SIAL Paris
- More than 50 worldwide promotional agents, covering 80 countries
- 6 press conferences in France and in 20 other countries
- 500,000 invitations distributed, 20 postal and e-mail campaigns segmented by target (retail, foodservice, agri-food, fresh produce purchasers, wine buyers, etc.)
- A strong presence on the social networks
- 1,500 journalists present for the 5 days of the show*
- More than 6,500 media spin-offs (press/radio/TV) in France and worldwide
- Considerable political mobilisation: 120 official delegations, 4 French ministers, 22 foreign ministers and 70 ambassadors*… with a stronger mobilisation in 2016 as the show will open on the WORLD FOOD Day (by UN)
In addition to overall exhibition promotion, take advantage of sector-specific communication thanks to a large-scale media plan.
700 appearances in more than 400 on- and off-line media in France and worldwide (42 countries) including: Rayon Boissons (FR), Beverage Manager (DE), Drink’N Food (IT), LSA (FR), Largo Consumo (IT), Rundschau Für Den Lebensmittelhandel (DE), Linéaires (FR) Distribucion Actualidad (ES), Market Zoom (GR), Check Out (IE), Supermarket News (NZ), Dunya Gida (TR), The Grocer (GB), Neorestauration (FR), L’Hôtellerie Restauration (FR), Catering (BE), Caternews (ES)...